Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Excercise in Silliness

I grew up obsessively devouring Mad magazine, with my parent's blessings, long before I got most of the jokes and it has influenced my art and taste in humor. I love parody and clowning. Clowning as I know it, is mostly parody. My favorites were the movie parodies Mad did so well and the above image is a go at that type of humor.

This is only the first page and I'm still working out the end to this sequence.
Just about the time I felt good enough to submit a sample or two, Mad went belly up. Bummer. Mad came to be during a time in history similar to ours in quite a few ways. Perhaps it's just a matter of time before we see a "Mad"- like magazine arise to fill the void in the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...