Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Roundup



This week's highlights were particularly special for me. On Monday my son got to animate the first few seconds of his short film which was really impressive and wonderful. His face just lit up when he saw the results of his labors. I'm very proud of him.

This week I also touched base with Mr. Dick Monday of the New York Goofs to see about working at Seaworld again next fall. If all goes well that's a good possibility. Cross your fingers for me, please.

And finally, this Friday I had the pleasure of having lunch with my good friend and local children's entertainer David Pitts better known to parents and children around town as the Astonishing Mr. Pitts! He's got some great new ideas he shared with me about his character and shows. Those images above show some of those ideas. They're flyers he's mailed out to various schools and daycares around town and I really think it's going to be a hit with the kids.

The thing I like about David and any other entertainer who share his approach, is that he doesn't short change his audiences. There are some children's entertainers out there who don't put as much effort into their shows, especially for the really young ones like the kindergarten age children. Their attitude is," They're just little kids and they don't know the difference." They're in it primarily for the money. Not The Astonishing Mr. Pitts. He genuinely loves what he does and wants to please both the kids and the parents to the best of his ability.


It was really fun and inspiring talking shop and brainstorming with him. He really is very inspiring and I wish him all the best with his new ideas. I know they'll be a hit. If you live in the San Antonio area and you'd like to have him be a part of your special occasion check out his website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...