Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rehearsals

Today's rehearsal went pretty well. We figured out the entrances and exits and certain bits that will be segues too. Oh, I don't think I've mentioned the names of my fellow performers. They are Lukas Dudek (Sword Swallower), Mike Williams (magician) and David Smith (Contact Juggler). But don't believe for one minute that's all they can do. No. They, like most variety arts performers they have many skills that they can use to entertain the masses.

During rehearsal I got to see some great contact juggling, magic and sword balancing as well as some contortion by David. My puppetry was looking good too. I was a little concerned with making my break away skeleton interesting for two and half minutes. As far as trick marionettes go it's basically a one-trick pony but the music for that number allowed for some dramatic improvisation to develop that will make it work. It's amazing what the right music will do for a routine. All in all it should be a pretty good show and today we'll have a later rehearsal hopefully with lights this time. Come Friday we should be more than ready to start our run.

Sorry. No pictures this time. I forgot the camera but I wont forget it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...