Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

It's Still Summer!!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1039633


Things are getting a might crispy outdoors so my we've taken to living a trogloditic life in our little home. In the morning we open the blinds and draw back the curtains. We normally enjoy the sun lighting up our home. These past few weeks have temporarily(I hope) ended that practice. For now the windows are covered to prevent the heat from invading our shady sanctuary. The thermostat is set at a comfy, fiscally responsible 77 degrees so that we can draw or watch a movie or juggle sans sweat and the fridge is stocked up with popsicles in a wide variety of colors.

Tomorrow I've got a Doc Ed show at Salinas Elementary for their Adventure Club Summer Camp but it's at 9a.m. so the weather wont be too bad while I'm out. Then it's off to a meeting at the Edwards Aquifer Authority to discuss the presentation Sarah and I will be doing for the Water: A Living Lesson water conference, which takes place in July on the campus of Our Lady of the Lake University. We're going to combine my Aquifer Adventure show with her presentation and it will also be in Spanish. Lots to do!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow tonight because I'll be seeing the second part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Two Towers at the Huebner Oaks Theater. Pammy wont be with me this time around but she does want to come along for next week's showing of "Return of the King". I know it's something we can watch on dvd but that's just not as fun as seeing it as a shared experience on the big screen. What can I say; I'm a movie purest and Tolkien nerd.


http://www.yume.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/sechste_kontinent_gb_1976_q.jpg

Yesterday was Father's Day and I have to say it was a very nice day. We started it off by having breakfast at our favorite place on the westside of town:Natalie's a.k.a. The Pink House. Afterward, we made a pit stop at the Panaderia Superior for some excellent pan dulce then we came home to relax for a few hours before we went to dinner with the in-laws at the Jim's on Perrin Beitel Road. My idea of relaxing was to draw for a couple of hours while I watched a movie on the computer. The movie was "At the Earth's Core", a dreadful film adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs book but I'm a Peter Cushing fan and then there was also the lovely Caroline Munro to consider. Hubba hubba! All in all it was a very relaxing and fun day for all.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiOVdFHXRsYRbOkc927YHS2bXDp5io5tN7a6cUdHhgoz-wwlSwhyQhyphenhyphen_6Lt4YCI32yo2WiVKmaNwPd0QaRMWib76q5oRNASWb6GU246g_u4NnyYJ_VgAXPyEABwuZC6HNOG5Kp2KIhx0R0/s1600/4482942668_65c7f7f988_o.jpg

Caroline Munro as "Princess Dia" from the film "At the Earth's Core", (1976).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...