Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life is Good!

The photo above is of Ian Varella, a talented and very funny ventriloquist my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting earlier this month at a gathering of fellow variety artists and friends: Bob Abdou, Rik Gern, David Pitts and of course Mr. Ian Varella. As I mentioned in that post I was too busy having fun to remember that I had not taken many photos as I would normally do. So here's a bit about the fellow pictured above to begin to correct that mistake.

Pammy and I feel blessed to work in the business and can count as our friends actors, singers, dancers, clowns, acrobats, human cannonballs, trapeze artists, wild animal trainers, contortionists, magicians, jugglers, puppeteers and ventriloquists. It's a cliche but it's so true: there's no business like show business.





Below is a link to his site and a link to a fantastic ventriloquist blog where Bob Abdou posted a group photo of all of us and wrote a pretty interesting article that the photo accompanied. Enjoy!

http://www.comedyvent.com/

http://ventriloquistcentralblog.com/competition-like-it-or-not-by-bob-abdoumr-puppet/#more-3043

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...