Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Roundup

This was a busy week indeed for the Rancho Ramirez family. We started the week sketching ideas for a new character to be a Junior Aquifer Explorer working with Doc Ed and the rest of the gang. He'll be used in some animation for the website or dvd or both. Can't show the sketches until the final look is selected. Sorry. I've also been drawing various versions of a new puppet for the live show which will be a Texas Blind Salamander that will be voiced by me. Crazy, huh?

Yesterday, of course, I was on location in an apartment deep in the heart of San Antonio filming a segment for an educational website being produced by Raining Popcorn Media. I hadn't been in front of a camera in a while but I got back in the saddle pretty quick and it was fun too.

Today was all about Doc Ed. I had three shows at Driggers Elementary on the northwest side of town. I did three shows for third, fourth and fifth grade students this morning and then I collapsed at home. I'm not as young as I used to be. The teachers were very nice and made me feel welcome there. I got a school t-shirt and mug as a gift. What a life! I'm so spoiled!! One of the teachers was nice enough to take photos of some moments from the shows. I post those tomorrow. Days like these make me think about the day the Doc Ed train ends it's run. I hope what follows will be as enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...