Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Voice Over Bum


One of the neatest things we've had the chance to do in the last few years is voiceover work, primarily for different websites. This afternoon I spent an hour at the offices of Raining Popcorn Media recording some Spanish voiceovers for the Doc Ed website. On of my favorite things about this kind of work is you don't have to be in costume or even look like the character you're voicing. As you can see from the photo above, I didn't exactly dress up for the session or even shave. I'm pretty sure I remembered to wear briefs , though.

It is a challenge, especially when the dialogue is full of tongue twisters but it's always fun thanks to Mr. Arturo Avila, the co-owner of Raining Popcorn Media, keeping things light by joking around between and sometimes during takes. Today was pretty tricky because of the epic Spanish sentences I read. My Spanish is acceptable but when your reading, everything has to be crisp and clear. Thankfully all went well in the end.

Afterwards I went home then ran to the store to get some last minutes things before dinner. That was my workday. Sometimes this crazy business can be stressful because of its unpredictability but it seems to be that way no matter what you do these days, so I think I stick with it for a little longer. Right now, I think I'll go eat some ice cream and count my blessings. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...